New CS:S Server Online!

General discussion about Valve's Counter Strike Source.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tim
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New CS:S Server Online!

Post by Tim » April 1st, 2009, 12:29 am

Here we go! Got us a CS:S server back! :D Let's make this server go somewhere! Right now I'm running 24/7 Office and Dust2. I'm taking suggestions. Help me make this work! :)

IP: 65.60.46.37
Port: 27015

Cosa Nostra
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Team Fortress 2

Re: New CS:S Server Online!

Post by Cosa Nostra » April 1st, 2009, 8:39 am

can i be a admin please Tim ??????????????????
Image ImageImage

Tim
Forum Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Tim » April 1st, 2009, 3:14 pm

haha, Cosa. Okay, got ya. Good to go.

AquaMaroon
Sperm Donor
Xfire Name: d0ubletake

Post by AquaMaroon » April 1st, 2009, 8:22 pm

Are you just going to reinstate previous Source admins, aka me, as Admins on this one?
R.I.P. Pumba - February 15th, 2008
King Sarekx wrote:Aqua you're always my #1.

saitek48
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2

Post by saitek48 » April 1st, 2009, 8:23 pm

hey tim i need your yahoo, msn,xfire,teamspeak addresses so i can spam you to seed the servers lol......

Tim
Forum Member

Post by Tim » April 2nd, 2009, 12:08 am

saitek48 wrote:hey tim i need your yahoo, msn,xfire,teamspeak addresses so i can spam you to seed the servers lol......
LoL! I'll do all I can to constantly be in the server seeding. I really like CS:S. I just hope that CoD:WW picks up well without me there as often.

And yes, I'll add everyone that was formerly a CS:S admin back to the ranks. :) I just gotta see you in game then I'll add ya. Had an 8 hour shift today so I missed out on a few people. :( Oh! And I see that we made it to 18 players at one point today. Yay us! Also, my project tonight is to get HLstatsX set up. Everyone likes a ranking system.

Hood
Hoodest Admin
Xfire Name: Hoodstar114

Post by Hood » April 4th, 2009, 12:45 pm

As you said tim, you wanted me to post some suggestions on what to add, So heres 1 thing to start..
GlobalBan -
A GREAT banning system (MUCH better than Mani's banning).
When player is banned it will say how to appeal and how long you have been banned.
Admin types !banmenu (Screenshot below).
Once admin chooses reason, Length of ban will appear (Screenshot below).
Once admin chooses length, The final window is the playerlist (Screenshot below).
Ban list page that shows all bans of all servers. Admins can enable/disable bans or update bans. If a demo is available, a link will available in the information popup. Searching can be done by either steam id or by player name (Screenshot below).
http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/s ... enshot/184
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Signature Bar

Hood
Hoodest Admin

Post by Hood » April 4th, 2009, 4:02 pm

You can get it from here
Or you can view the thread on it and how to set it up here

P.S You need
# PHP 4 or 5 (short_open_tag must be enabled)
# MySQL 4.1 or 5
# EventScripts v2.0

Hood.
Signature Bar

Why Two Kay
Forum Member

Post by Why Two Kay » April 6th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Seems over the top and incredibly excessive for our very limited banning needs. A web-based management system? Really? We probably don't even ban 1 person a day, if that.

I like my:

@ban [NAME] [MINUTES]

Or maybe it's the other way around, I haven't adminned Mani in years.

Also, there really is no reason to install ES for just the one tool... I find it has processing overhead (so many events fire that we never pick up on or use) and the newfangled Python language is not my cup of tea. I used to write many scripts back in the day in ES, but I prefer the old proprietary code style.
I don't even own any of these games!

Tim
Forum Member

Post by Tim » April 6th, 2009, 4:56 pm

Why Two Kay wrote:Also, there really is no reason to install ES for just the one tool... I find it has processing overhead (so many events fire that we never pick up on or use) and the newfangled Python language is not my cup of tea. I used to write many scripts back in the day in ES, but I prefer the old proprietary code style.
How about for the $16k every round script? :( I think that is doing good for our server.

Hood
Hoodest Admin

Post by Hood » April 6th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Tim wrote:How about for the $16k every round script? :( I think that is doing good for our server.
That script is doing great, I think that was a great thing to add.
Signature Bar

Tim
Forum Member

Post by Tim » April 7th, 2009, 8:39 am

Okay, I've pretty much got all the settings tweaked to near perfection.

Hood
Hoodest Admin

Post by Hood » April 7th, 2009, 10:55 am

Ya, I'd say. You did a great job Tim! :)
Signature Bar

Why Two Kay
Forum Member

Post by Why Two Kay » April 8th, 2009, 5:09 pm

And it's totally possible to do with a simple VSP plugin rather than the overhead of ES, but that would require actual coding.

But hey, you can do that in C++! Tim, go learn some more and write it up!
I don't even own any of these games!

ezcompanytheone
Forum Member
Xfire Name: ezcompanytheone

Post by ezcompanytheone » April 16th, 2009, 5:40 pm

o really?

AquaMaroon
Sperm Donor
Xfire Name: d0ubletake

Post by AquaMaroon » April 18th, 2009, 1:21 pm

:o
R.I.P. Pumba - February 15th, 2008
King Sarekx wrote:Aqua you're always my #1.

AimForTheHead621
The Forum Arab
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 4

Post by AimForTheHead621 » April 18th, 2009, 3:23 pm

deathmatch server? no, yes, to early?
LuigiBrotha wrote:I Wana Fuck A Dog In The Ass