Rule change?

Post all your banter regarding Call of Duty 2 here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
EDS Martyn
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rule change?

Post by EDS Martyn » November 17th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Hey Guys

I'm not the only one who thinks this, been asking around to hear other peoples view.

I would like you guys to change the bot to kick anyone that has over 300ping. It does it now but only when its 90% full? Not sure if its that but could we please make it that it's constantly on?

There are so many players nowadays that lag so much that its impossible to kill them without a shotgun at point blank..

Anyone got any comments about it?

Sundown
King of the Damned
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rule change?

Post by Sundown » November 17th, 2012, 11:55 pm

I don;t see that happening. I think doing that would pretty much be banning most players from eastern Europe and such places. I doubt we want to do that.
Welcome to Hell
Your new home
You did the crime now you'll do the time
Right where you belong
Welcome to Hell
End of the line
Your final sin got you in
And now your soul is mine
Welcome to Hell

mad macs
CoD2 Admin
Xfire Name: adminmadmacs

Post by mad macs » November 18th, 2012, 2:24 am

Just looking at it from a different perspective, the game is now very old and the number of players has dropped significantly. Just looking at the figures for today, we never had more than 40 people logged on at any given moment (that's on a weekend) and the average for the day was in the order of 20 players - and not all those are playing, they are just logged in to the server.

If you decide to kick all those that offend your ping limit you will probably see the server population drop to an average of <15 for the day… lets face it, playing with only 5-7 per team is not a hell of a lot of fun and people will leave rather than stick around with so little competition.

saitek48
Forum Member

Post by saitek48 » November 18th, 2012, 6:39 pm

this is why an admin has discretion to remove connected players that arent playing or observing.. ( I usually wait 2 rounds to remove them).
If they are ingame playing, too bad deal with it. the bot will get rid of them at the appropriate moment.

imadedman
Owner
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 4
Xfire Name: dickensider

Post by imadedman » November 20th, 2012, 11:40 am

The levels of leaving people connected based on ping and number of connects, is the ONLY way to help in maintaining server occupancy levels.

In case people haven't noticed, we are NO LONGER ranked number one, now we are number 5.

That is why it is imperative to let the spectators stay. They add to server population totals/Ranking.

As for the -1 players.... they are in disconnect. There is no active data being sent or received by those players,
so leaving them is a non-issue as well.

Ping times are very generous, and need to be to help in keeping the population level.
Remember on the server, anti_lag=1, so it's time compensated for on ONLY the lagged players' side.

A player with a higher ping time is not a problem AND IT DOES NOT slow the server down. ONLY YOUR internet
connection does that. Even me, with a ping of 60, can see lag based on whats in my route to the server and back, and
what my wife/son are doing on their machines.

At NO TIME should someone be kicked out of spectate.
Read and Posted by A2Gaming Plugin for ANDROID v0.9b by atomicfrog.com

"Treat everyday like a DOG....If you cannot eat it, or screw it...Piss on it, and walk away..."
-imadedman, Dave & Buster's Philadelphia, 2002, many Yuenglings and Tequila...

Bow your heads and pray...
-- In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was UNSIGNED, and the main(){} was without form and void..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Microsoft's biggest and most dangerous contribution to the software industry may be the degree to which it has lowered user expectations."

VOTE for Saitek48 for Takes-No-Shit-From-Anyone-For-Any-Reason-Admin