How to keep your name from changing...

Ask questions about computers or other gadgetry here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Clink914
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: sexyclink
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to keep your name from changing...

Post by Clink914 » June 16th, 2011, 7:47 pm

Hey guys, every time i log into cod2 i have to change my name to the name i want it to every day, then i exit out and come back on and my name is completely different. How do i get it to stay and not change? Any help will be graciously appreciated. :D :D :D :D :D

Clink914

"Schultz, until further notice you are assigned to the Arsenal."
Schultz- "But, i'll miss your birthday party!"
Klink- "Dismissed!"
Schultz- Happy...Birthday."
Come you masters of war
You that build all the guns
You that build the death planes
You that build the big bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know I can see through your masks.
Bob Dylan

mad macs
CoD2 Admin
Xfire Name: adminmadmacs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to keep your name from changing...

Post by mad macs » June 17th, 2011, 3:07 am

Never log out. :D

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100

Re: How to keep your name from changing...

Post by Sneaky Sniper » June 17th, 2011, 4:36 pm

Sometimes the game fails to rewrite the config file when something changes in it. The best way is to go into the config file itself and change your name. I would highly suggest that you backup your config file somewhere just incase you screw something up in it because it cant mess the game up. The config file is located in COD2/main/players/<profile name>/config_mp.cfg.

Open it up in notepad and look for something like

seta name "Clink"

The name goes in double quotes. DO NOT change anything outside of the quotes because the config has an exact science to it.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang