Call of Duty 2 Sound Issues

Ask questions about computers or other gadgetry here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
C r o s b y
The Beast
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: ptwarriors315

Call of Duty 2 Sound Issues

Post by C r o s b y » August 3rd, 2011, 8:48 pm

Whenever I go into options and audio I try to change the sound from that 2d sound to creative labs 2 and when I hit apply my game just freezes. It happens when I pick any of the other sound options as well. I'm on windows 7 if that means anything
Wave goodbye to your head, wanker!

[URL=http://img156.imageshack.us/i/228018101 ... 43568.jpg/]Image

Filla Buster
CoD2 Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Call of Duty 2 Sound Issues

Post by Filla Buster » August 4th, 2011, 7:35 am

You need a sound card that has EAX built in. I don't know if Apple uses EAX on thier motherboards, but more modern games will grey out the EAX option if your sound card doesn't support EAX and I don't think CoD2 does that. Maybe you are crashing because you don't have EAX.
Origin ID: Fi11a_13uster
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/filla_buster/

"Seinfeld: The Rye"
Frank Costanza: Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?
George Costanza: Why don't we talk about it another time.
Frank Costanza: But you see my point here? You only hear of a hen, a rooster and a chicken. Something's missing!
Mrs. Ross: Something's missing all right.
Mr. Ross: They're all chickens. The rooster has sex with all of them.
Frank Costanza: That's perverse.

C r o s b y
The Beast
Xfire Name: ptwarriors315

Post by C r o s b y » August 4th, 2011, 6:07 pm

It's weird cuz when I first installed the game the sound was a lot better. Then I changed it from Directx 9 or whatever to Directx 7 and I believe that changed the sound.
Wave goodbye to your head, wanker!

[URL=http://img156.imageshack.us/i/228018101 ... 43568.jpg/]Image

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sneaky Sniper » August 5th, 2011, 4:04 pm

Directx does have sound functions in it but those are used by COD2 really. Its the sound card settings. Theres a quality setting in it. Make sure its set to High not Medium.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang