Internet Connection Sharing Problem

Ask questions about computers or other gadgetry here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
C r o s b y
The Beast
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: ptwarriors315

Internet Connection Sharing Problem

Post by C r o s b y » December 9th, 2011, 9:26 pm

At college when I try to play xbox, we have to buy these special usb-ethernet adapters in order to have xbox live. I've gotten it to work before but when I go into Internet Connection Settings and try to enable 1 connection, to use another, it just doesn't work. It says something about an IP address. I got no clue what it's talking about. Someone help!

Wave goodbye to your head, wanker!

[URL=http://img156.imageshack.us/i/228018101 ... 43568.jpg/]Image

Grenade71822
Favorite Game: World of Warcraft
Xfire Name: Grenade71822
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Internet Connection Sharing Problem

Post by Grenade71822 » December 10th, 2011, 3:30 am

Open a command prompt and run the code below and paste the results.

Code: Select all

ipconfig /all
A bullet might have your name on it, but a Grenade is addressed to "Whom it may concern."
I wish you good fortune in whatever avenue of life you assault with your presence.

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sneaky Sniper » December 11th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Its saying that you are already on a network and have a network IP and when you try to open another connection, it tries to add one. Your Network card can only handle 1 IP so it flips shit.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

C r o s b y
The Beast
Xfire Name: ptwarriors315

Post by C r o s b y » December 12th, 2011, 5:14 am

Wave goodbye to your head, wanker!

[URL=http://img156.imageshack.us/i/228018101 ... 43568.jpg/]Image

Grenade71822
Favorite Game: World of Warcraft
Xfire Name: Grenade71822

Post by Grenade71822 » December 13th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Make sure everything is connected correctly from the xbox to the adapter and so on. Then Make sure the sharing is disabled on the wireless. Right click the Local Area Connection 2 usb thingy and click diagnose. Let it do its thing (Hopefully resetting the adapter to dhcp and all that fun stuff) After it does its thing try enable the sharing again and see what happens.
A bullet might have your name on it, but a Grenade is addressed to "Whom it may concern."
I wish you good fortune in whatever avenue of life you assault with your presence.

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100

Post by Sneaky Sniper » December 14th, 2011, 6:06 pm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978618

I wouldn't suggest using Solution 2 because that can mess with some shit on the school's network and you'll get IT raping your ass until you stop.

You shouldn't be connecting to the xbox wirelessly unless your using a wired connection. There aren't many laptops that can support 2 wireless connections. Chances are, you dont have one of those few.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang