Getting Call of Duty 2 to work on Windows 7

Ask questions about computers or other gadgetry here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Getting Call of Duty 2 to work on Windows 7

Post by Sneaky Sniper » September 22nd, 2012, 10:53 pm

Some people seem to have some trouble getting COD2 to install on Win7. All I did was put the disk in and right click it in windows explorer. Hit open, then find the Setup.exe file and then just right click it and hit run as administrator. It worked for me.

It mostly is the run as administrator thing because when the game was created, XP was out. It wasn't uncommon for the user to be an administrator so it could install. (Administrator rights are needed to install anything on windows no matter the version.) In Vista and later, the user maybe labeled as an administrator but they don't have administrator rights. This is a part of the security as viruses and install and run unless they have administrative rights which requires you to run as admin.

That is why it is HIGHLY recommended that you have UAC, or User Access Control, turned on. It will stop atleast 90% of the virsuses you can encounter. I had one viruses that tried to install itself on my PC. It failed horribly because UAC would just say FUCK YOU! Took me like 2 minutes to find it and delete it.

While I'm on a rant, UAC is probably the easiest things ever created. In Vista, there were 5 main accounts created when installing Windows Vista. 4 of the accounts are never seen but they are still there. Thats why the screen darkened when you had UAC on was because it litteraly was switching users. Since nothing can go accross user sessions (user logins), it was virus proof. Why 4 UAC accounts? Because there are 4 levels of UAC, Red, Red-Gold, Gold, and Green.

Green = Fully trusted by Microsoft and should be safe.
Gold = The most common one, It means that they can't fully confirm that it is safe.
Red-Gold = Usually the publisher, (person who digitally signed it ( Person who says that they were the creator)) can't be confirmed and Microsft suggests not allowing it unless you know exactly what it is.
Red = Found to be harmful to Windows, You wont be able to run the program as admin with UAC turned on. Basically Microsoft banned it
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

Grenade71822
Favorite Game: World of Warcraft
Xfire Name: Grenade71822
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Getting Call of Duty 2 to work on Windows 7

Post by Grenade71822 » September 24th, 2012, 6:38 pm

Windows 7 also required Admin privileges to right to the program files directory or in the main C: drive of the computer.
A bullet might have your name on it, but a Grenade is addressed to "Whom it may concern."
I wish you good fortune in whatever avenue of life you assault with your presence.

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100

Post by Sneaky Sniper » September 24th, 2012, 6:39 pm

That would also be true.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

alias
Forum Member

Post by alias » October 3rd, 2012, 11:18 am

i wonder if weeeee and killingfloor have read this and tried it?

REINMIRT
CoD2 Admin
Xfire Name: REINMIRT

Post by REINMIRT » October 4th, 2012, 9:16 pm

alias wrote:i wonder if weeeee and killingfloor have read this and tried it?
I know weeeeee made it work and got online weeks ago, but I didn't here back from KF when I wrote him for help.

REIN
Xfire Username: REINMIRT
Origin ID: REINMIRT
Steam Username: REINMIRT