I E 10

Ask questions about computers or other gadgetry here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KillingFloor
Donator
Donator
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: killingfloor126
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I E 10

Post by KillingFloor » April 2nd, 2013, 8:44 pm

Hey all! Might well be a dumb question here. My 'puter wants me to download I E 10. Pretty much tells me It's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Been there before, not all updates (not with I E), have been a good choice. Should I download explorer 10 or stick with version 9? Mainly worried about issues with cod2. I know I may need a life. :) Aware of that. Thanks, KF.
ImageImage
mad macs wrote:Looks like the box needs frequent restarts to clear the doohickee that clogs the ping pipe (technical talk).

imadedman
Owner
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 4
Xfire Name: dickensider

Re: I E 10

Post by imadedman » April 2nd, 2013, 11:17 pm

Personally,

I'd stick w/ ie9 for a while. Let the quirks come to the surface on ie10.

Just my $0.02
Read and Posted by A2Gaming Plugin for ANDROID v0.9b by atomicfrog.com

"Treat everyday like a DOG....If you cannot eat it, or screw it...Piss on it, and walk away..."
-imadedman, Dave & Buster's Philadelphia, 2002, many Yuenglings and Tequila...

Bow your heads and pray...
-- In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was UNSIGNED, and the main(){} was without form and void..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Microsoft's biggest and most dangerous contribution to the software industry may be the degree to which it has lowered user expectations."

VOTE for Saitek48 for Takes-No-Shit-From-Anyone-For-Any-Reason-Admin

REINMIRT
CoD2 Admin
Xfire Name: REINMIRT
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by REINMIRT » April 4th, 2013, 10:18 am

I use Chrome (Google's alternative to browsers) on my Win 7 KF. just safer smarter and MUCH faster than IE.

And if you're gonna stick with IE, definitely stay with IE9 for a lil longer..

REIN
Xfire Username: REINMIRT
Origin ID: REINMIRT
Steam Username: REINMIRT

KillingFloor
Donator
Donator
Xfire Name: killingfloor126

Post by KillingFloor » April 4th, 2013, 7:42 pm

Thanks for the input, Dedman and Reiny. I'll just stick with version 9 for now. I don't know much about Google chrome, will look into it. KF
ImageImage
mad macs wrote:Looks like the box needs frequent restarts to clear the doohickee that clogs the ping pipe (technical talk).

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member
Xfire Name: liquorbaron13

Post by Thunderpants MSC » April 5th, 2013, 9:19 am

IE10 is better then IE9 overall but it still sucks vs other browsers. Firefox for the win (only browser I've found to be able to handle 2000 tabs using the right extension) and my backup go to would be Chrome with the right extensions. Chrome uses too much memory though especially if you have like 150 tabs open.
Pictures Not Appropriate. Fix it. Grenade71822.

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100

Post by Sneaky Sniper » April 30th, 2013, 5:28 pm

I use IE10 and haven't had any issues with it.

Firefox has too many problems with it. When one of the leading developers that helped get Firefox off the ground says that Firefox sucks and left the team because they can't fix the 4 years of bugs that has accumulated to be considered a safe browser, that is when Firefox became horrible.

Chrome I like because it pushed the market a lot but it is still really new and it has yet to pass the test of time. The reason why IE is slow at times is because it has to be backwards compatible with every version of IE that has come out. Yes there are still websites that exist that were written for the first IE.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang