Battlefield 3

All the games that do not have a specific forum.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
C r o s b y
The Beast
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: ptwarriors315

Battlefield 3

Post by C r o s b y » February 17th, 2011, 11:37 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_3

Game sounds like it's gonna be good. CoD is disappointing after each game so maybe this will sub for that.

possible server for BF3? It's 64 player PC :D
Wave goodbye to your head, wanker!

[URL=http://img156.imageshack.us/i/228018101 ... 43568.jpg/]Image

Tim
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by Tim » September 21st, 2011, 11:51 pm

Who will be playing the beta when it's released at the end of this month?

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member
Xfire Name: liquorbaron13
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Thunderpants MSC » September 23rd, 2011, 8:05 pm

Tim wrote:Who will be playing the beta when it's released at the end of this month?
I'd like to. Will you provide any info on here when open beta begins and how to get in on it? I'd really like to see how it is and whether my pc will be able to handle the game.
Pictures Not Appropriate. Fix it. Grenade71822.

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member

Post by Thunderpants MSC » September 24th, 2011, 1:01 am

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member

Post by Thunderpants MSC » October 1st, 2011, 7:13 pm

Ok DICE really fawked this game. You can't change into different squads in game?! WTF is that!?!?! Are they retarded? From testing the beta it looks like a better graphics BFBC2 that is worse on features. And I now understand why they kept prone out of BFBC2. Cause it's fawking annoying in a game like this. My enthusiasm has turned into disgust. Also Origin blows monkey ass and using Origin that THEN requires you to start your web browser to run battlefront or battleblog or whatever the fawk it is, is a terrible idea and not polished whatsoever.

Can't these companies not fawk up a game when it's served up to them on a silver platter? :|

Tim
Forum Member

Post by Tim » October 2nd, 2011, 2:40 am

This is a beta with many features either locked or not put in the game yet.

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member

Post by Thunderpants MSC » October 2nd, 2011, 11:39 am

Tim wrote:This is a beta with many features either locked or not put in the game yet.
I would normally agree with you but as it stands right now DICE has said that they will not be changing the way squads are in game. Apparently they should have kept the Caspian Border map in the beta instead of having Metro map and rush. A lot of people are cancelling preorders based on this beta and most missed out on the few days of Caspian Border which apparently is a night and day difference to Metro with rush.

Tim
Forum Member

Post by Tim » October 2nd, 2011, 7:55 pm

Nah, you'll be able to create and/or join squads manually in the final game.

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member

Post by Thunderpants MSC » October 3rd, 2011, 12:35 pm

Tim wrote:Nah, you'll be able to create and/or join squads manually in the final game.
Are you retarded or what? IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT NO YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO! http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1037825431

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member

Post by Thunderpants MSC » October 3rd, 2011, 12:52 pm

Supposedly EA has heard the complaints about this loud and clear. Now to see if or what they do to change it.
Last edited by Thunderpants MSC on October 3rd, 2011, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim
Forum Member

Post by Tim » October 3rd, 2011, 2:51 pm

Thunderpants MSC wrote:
Tim wrote:Nah, you'll be able to create and/or join squads manually in the final game.
Are you retarded or what?
I don't believe so... o.O Heh! But seriously, I don't recall seeing that tweet from zh1nt0 in the past. I personally believe they have it implemented in the game and will end up unlocking the squad choosing in game for us. Also, zh1nt0 can make mistakes sometimes cause he's got to answer sooo many bloody questions.

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member

Post by Thunderpants MSC » October 3rd, 2011, 2:53 pm

Tim wrote:
Thunderpants MSC wrote:
I don't believe so... o.O
I'm just telling you the way it is right now has a lot of people pissed off. Rightfully so. DICE needs to come up with a better in game squad system that also doesn't allow for leapfrogging squads to get whole squads ahead of the map. But the exiting out of the game now is a bad way to do squads.

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member

Post by Thunderpants MSC » October 3rd, 2011, 2:55 pm

Tim wrote:
Thunderpants MSC wrote:
I don't believe so... o.O Heh! But seriously, I don't recall seeing that tweet from zh1nt0 in the past.
Supposedly he has tweeted recently something about EA and DICE hearing loud and clear the complaints about the ingame squad the way it is now. SO whether they do something is on them. BF crowd has made it clear they don't like how squad management is now nerfed.

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member

Post by Thunderpants MSC » October 3rd, 2011, 2:56 pm

Great site for all things BF3 related. Check out the vids.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/battlefield- ... o-roundup/

Tim
Forum Member

Post by Tim » October 4th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Bazajaytee wrote:
Musica wrote:Honestly a lot of people are already cancelling pre-orders etc. because of this issue. I know it is not you who is explaining what the squad system is but honestly it is worrying that it is taking over 4 days to come up with a response for which really is a simple question can we swap squads mid game and make new squads or join empty squads. I know you want to make sure what you announce to the public is 100% and no one can misinterpret it or twist it against you but this is really one of the top concerns of the player base.
In short answer form, yes you can browse and join squads through the squad screen and make private squads. The full form will be available later.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 6795507/3/

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member

Post by Thunderpants MSC » October 5th, 2011, 11:54 pm

Tim wrote:
Bazajaytee wrote:
Musica wrote:Honestly a lot of people are already cancelling pre-orders etc. because of this issue. I know it is not you who is explaining what the squad system is but honestly it is worrying that it is taking over 4 days to come up with a response for which really is a simple question can we swap squads mid game and make new squads or join empty squads. I know you want to make sure what you announce to the public is 100% and no one can misinterpret it or twist it against you but this is really one of the top concerns of the player base.
In short answer form, yes you can browse and join squads through the squad screen and make private squads. The full form will be available later.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 6795507/3/
So what's he saying yes???

LuigiBrotha
Forum Member
Xfire Name: LuigiBrotha

Post by LuigiBrotha » October 7th, 2011, 2:19 am

I haven't been able to play the game on my PC just yet (not sure why. i5 3.3 gHz, 8GB of RAM, an HD5770 running on Win 7) but it looks great on my . There are some minor bugs (sound bugs where guns seem to have infinit ammo, shadows miss behaving, I've even seen 2 bomb sites B at the same time) but overal it's awesome. Great game :D The browser interface to join a server sucks though. Going to get this game for PS3 first probably.

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member

Post by Thunderpants MSC » October 7th, 2011, 12:54 pm

LuigiBrotha wrote:I haven't been able to play the game on my PC just yet (not sure why. i5 3.3 gHz, 8GB of RAM, an HD5770 running on Win 7) but it looks great on my . There are some minor bugs (sound bugs where guns seem to have infinit ammo, shadows miss behaving, I've even seen 2 bomb sites B at the same time) but overal it's awesome. Great game :D The browser interface to join a server sucks though. Going to get this game for PS3 first probably.
Really they should have their own web interface like a Steam of sorts. It's what they want to be like anyhow but instead you have to use whatever browser you have going. Which makes me wonder how secure something like that is really. I thought the beta was pretty fun from the few minutes of Metro I played. Didn't care for that map as there are chokepoints which make it hard to get anywhere. Not what you want in a Rush map. Wish I would have gotten to play Caspian Border as everyone that got to play that raved about it. Looked great from the videos. Overall though the game felt like BFBC 2.5 which isn't a bad thing. I have a feeling that might piss off a few diehard BF2 fans.

My system right now is Intel Q9550 2.83ghz 8GB RAM, HD4870 1GB (I refuse to get a new gpu until AMD 7xxx series comes out). Luigi have you tried updating your drivers? There were special drivers releases by both Nvidia and AMD to take advantage of BF3 Beta specifically. On my setup I get like 50fps with everything turned low and resolution at 1900x1200. The final product might tax a system more but I don't mind running at low settings as I do it for most games anyhow. Once I buy the game I'll be looking to turn certain things lower in the config file if I can. Things like overgrowth, undergrowth, and bloom would just screw you over and get you killed in BFBC2.

I also know I had a little trouble getting the whole thing to run since you run origin, then your browser, then the game. Not sure how good this game will be on PS3 though especially if it's at 30 fps. DICE said it was REALLY pushing PS3 hardware to the limit.

/rant