Arma 2 (Combined Ops) and DayZ mod...

All the games that do not have a specific forum.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
User avatar
Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member
Posts: 195
Joined: October 19th, 2009, 8:17 pm
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: liquorbaron13
Location: USSA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Arma 2 (Combined Ops) and DayZ mod...

Post by Thunderpants MSC » June 29th, 2012, 9:46 am

Who's getting in on it?

http://dayzmod.com/

Personally I'm waiting to see if Steam has their summer sale on it soon.
Pictures Not Appropriate. Fix it. Grenade71822.

User avatar
Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Posts: 6716
Joined: March 25th, 2008, 5:54 pm
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100
Location: <Insert Address>
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Arma 2 (Combined Ops) and DayZ mod...

Post by Sneaky Sniper » August 5th, 2012, 4:44 pm

I was thinking about it. Then I heard that they maybe seperating and making their own stand alone version. Havn't seen much details on it.
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

User avatar
Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member
Posts: 195
Joined: October 19th, 2009, 8:17 pm
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: liquorbaron13
Location: USSA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Arma 2 (Combined Ops) and DayZ mod...

Post by Thunderpants MSC » August 6th, 2012, 3:31 am

Sneaky Sniper wrote:I was thinking about it. Then I heard that they maybe seperating and making their own stand alone version. Havn't seen much details on it.
Well it sorta went on sale during the Steam sale. It had been priced lower at $15 for CO at one point last year or something though. Anyhow I didn't buy it. Problem with the mod from what I've read is that it's still Alpha and buggy as hell. Who knows at what point it goes Beta. Arma3 itself is coming out next year. Word is that Dayz could spin off into it's own game using Arma3's engine since Rocket (I believe the Dayz modder) also worked or works at Bohemian whatever the company that makes Arma. So yeah I passed on it for now. I'm sure there's a huge community population and all but I wouldn't expect that to die out. A lot of people have been waiting for a zombie game that is exactly like this. I'm holding off until it's more polished and cheaper or Arma 3 comes out. Whichever I guess happens first.
Pictures Not Appropriate. Fix it. Grenade71822.

User avatar
Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Posts: 6716
Joined: March 25th, 2008, 5:54 pm
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100
Location: <Insert Address>
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Arma 2 (Combined Ops) and DayZ mod...

Post by Sneaky Sniper » August 7th, 2012, 5:08 pm

Bohemian Interactive makes Arma. The creators of DayZ mod and them have been working together to make Arma 3. So from the get go, I think DayZ mod is going to be launched with it. The latest patches for Arma 2 have been to help DayZ mod out by giving them more features to play with. Arma 3 is so close so I think that they are going to continue with Arma 2 for abit but soon will phase it out in favor of Arma 3 being much better for it.
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

User avatar
Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member
Posts: 195
Joined: October 19th, 2009, 8:17 pm
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: liquorbaron13
Location: USSA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Arma 2 (Combined Ops) and DayZ mod...

Post by Thunderpants MSC » August 10th, 2012, 6:44 am

Sneaky Sniper wrote:Bohemian Interactive makes Arma. The creators of DayZ mod and them have been working together to make Arma 3. So from the get go, I think DayZ mod is going to be launched with it. The latest patches for Arma 2 have been to help DayZ mod out by giving them more features to play with. Arma 3 is so close so I think that they are going to continue with Arma 2 for abit but soon will phase it out in favor of Arma 3 being much better for it.
Yeah well I mean Dayz is why CO has been the top selling Steam game for weeks now even when it's NOT on sale. I keep hearing that the Dayz player base amount is some stupid total. Unique players over 1 million and players in the last 24 hours is 170,000 according to Dayz's site. Rocket himself supposedly works for or did work for Bohemian. There's a lot of support from Bohemian because Dayz has made Bohemian a lot more money. The issue is whether Rocket wants to launch Dayz as it's own game for sale based on Arma3 engine via probably license fees or something that would get worked out between the two of them or if he wants to just leave it as a mod for when Arma3 launches that a person who buys Arma3 can download or whatever. Either way Dayz is making and is going to continue to make Bohemian a lot of money either through sales of CO, Arma3 when launched, or licensing engine fees if Dayz comes out as it's own separate game.

Personally I'll keep waiting til the mod is polished and see when Arma3 gets put out.
Pictures Not Appropriate. Fix it. Grenade71822.

Post Reply
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable