Upgrading to v1.7

General discussion about CoD4 and the servers.
imadedman
Owner
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 4
Xfire Name: dickensider

Upgrading to v1.7

Post by imadedman » March 22nd, 2011, 12:54 pm

Sneaky and I will be migrating to COD4 v1.7 sometime this weekend.

Now would be a great time to start getting your v1.7 patches and/or the v1.2 to v1.7 patch switcher ready.
Read and Posted by A2Gaming Plugin for ANDROID v0.9b by atomicfrog.com

"Treat everyday like a DOG....If you cannot eat it, or screw it...Piss on it, and walk away..."
-imadedman, Dave & Buster's Philadelphia, 2002, many Yuenglings and Tequila...

Bow your heads and pray...
-- In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was UNSIGNED, and the main(){} was without form and void..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Microsoft's biggest and most dangerous contribution to the software industry may be the degree to which it has lowered user expectations."

VOTE for Saitek48 for Takes-No-Shit-From-Anyone-For-Any-Reason-Admin

Grenade71822
Favorite Game: World of Warcraft
Xfire Name: Grenade71822

Re: Upgrading to v1.7

Post by Grenade71822 » March 22nd, 2011, 4:25 pm

God Speed Gentlemen!
A bullet might have your name on it, but a Grenade is addressed to "Whom it may concern."
I wish you good fortune in whatever avenue of life you assault with your presence.

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100

Post by Sneaky Sniper » March 22nd, 2011, 5:38 pm

Well with all the crashes by some idiots, the population shrinking because of it, the only fix being on patch 1.7, several glitches in the program fixed, and the chance to have the new stock maps that were added in 1.3+, the cards just seemed to fall in the favor of getting a 1.7 server.

The bad part is that everyone has to upgrade.

I'm trying to figure out a gameplan to get this process to run smoothly. I will probably also be posting a timetable so everyone that still monitors the server can see what is going on when.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member

Post by Sneaky Sniper » April 10th, 2011, 10:08 am

Sorry about how long its taking, Ive been making a patcher, a patch switcher for Vista and Win 7, and trying to get a 1.7 server setup all at once and Ive run into road blocks here and there. The server is almost ready, patcher is done, patch switcher is being finished.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member
Xfire Name: liquorbaron13

Post by Thunderpants MSC » April 10th, 2011, 9:22 pm

The only thing really on 1.2 is A2 anyhow. I just patched to 1.7 cause that's where most of the players are anyhow. Anyone know if the server goes to 1.7 if PB will be enabled?
Pictures Not Appropriate. Fix it. Grenade71822.

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member

Post by Sneaky Sniper » April 11th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Currently, it will be the same setup. We ran PB for a day awhile ago and the server population dropped by 85% in under 2 hours. We havnt tried it since. We looked at the logs on why people were getting kicked, it was mostly for packet loss which is easily fixed by simply updating PB.

Official PunkBuster Updater:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
Spoiler:
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member

Post by Sneaky Sniper » April 16th, 2011, 9:18 am

I have the patcher uploading to MegaUpload right now. Its 409 MB so the estimated time is about 40 minutes. Ill post the link to this after it is done on this post.

EDIT: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QYJ3TV38
Spoiler:
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member

Post by Sneaky Sniper » April 22nd, 2011, 6:35 pm

The server is now running on 1.7. Now the next part is simple. Get your friends, and start populating the server.
Spoiler:
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words