End of an Era

All the posts that don't fit elsewhere.
Brawndo
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: Marauder99

End of an Era

Post by Brawndo » May 8th, 2015, 4:12 am

It with much sadness that I write these words to you. The time has come for me to end my server hosting days.

After taking the server over from p00ka in March of 2008 I have been the primary benefactor of the server. I even used to play for many hours going all the way back to early 2006 when we were with the Moongamers community. It is amazing to think that I have played a role in this CoD 2 server going all that way back. In that time I have enjoyed many very special moments playing these games that we all enjoy so very much. As I sit here and reflect on all the friends I have had here and the good times we have shared it is a sad chapter to have to close. I think that this is perhaps one of the reasons I have been going for so long. I just wasn't ready to say good bye. So many good times playing not only Call of Duty 2 but Call of Duty 4 and World at War.

There have been too many people over the years that have made contributions to this community for me to name individually. The time that still goes into this today is what has kept the community and server going. All of the work that admins have put in over the years is the secret to the success and I thank each and everyone of you for everything you have done throughout the years. This has been a truly special community and I can wholeheartedly say I will miss it. Thank you, to all of the great Admins, you all are the best. The community owes everything to you.

The end date is not known to me at this time. My guess is around June 10th as I have not yet notified the server host but I plan to pay the bill for May. In the off chance someone would like to take things over from me the monthly cost is currently $209.

I already miss you all. :cry:
Cracker wrote:to be an admin you keep your pimp hand strong.

REINMIRT
CoD2 Admin
Xfire Name: REINMIRT

Re: End of an Era

Post by REINMIRT » May 8th, 2015, 8:18 am

Brawndo,

I've been around since summer of 2006 and I have always thought of and appreciated the behind the scenes people of Moon/AAG/A2G. I know as much as it was really fun for you guys, it was also probably a somewhat burdensome commitment at times, tho joys of which outweighed what it took away from you clearly. For being such a great mind, your generosity and the sacrifices you might have made, thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. So choked up right now, it's like saying good bye to your father :(

I will miss seeing the name.
Xfire Username: REINMIRT
Origin ID: REINMIRT
Steam Username: REINMIRT

Brawndo
Forum Member

Post by Brawndo » May 8th, 2015, 2:11 pm

If anyone is looking for me here is my public profile
https://google.com/+JustinDetmar

Grenade71822
Favorite Game: World of Warcraft
Xfire Name: Grenade71822

Post by Grenade71822 » May 8th, 2015, 6:10 pm

I will pay for July to give more time to wind things down. Do I need to send i to the pay pal address?
A bullet might have your name on it, but a Grenade is addressed to "Whom it may concern."
I wish you good fortune in whatever avenue of life you assault with your presence.

alias
Forum Member

Post by alias » May 12th, 2015, 12:38 am

Man this is not what I really wanted to hear, but like in life all good things must come to an end I guess I really don't know when I started playing but when I did I really found a place I could just get away from
the everyday BS of the world and relieve some stress on some unfortunate souls, or get the crap pwnd
out of me, lol all great times, I will miss all the cyber friends I have met on here.

My biggest thanks really goes to the owners and admins that ran this server you all are the best and its been a pleasure.

Hopefully we will all see one another somewhere else on a server, although I really don't know what I will play. Anyone has any ideas about where we can all get together and game I would like to hear them or if we can find a way to continue this server would be great. Killingfloor, Filla, Reiny, Mad Macs (if your out there bro) hit me up beaversb2112@gmail.com or any other friends I have made here.

Grenade71822
Favorite Game: World of Warcraft
Xfire Name: Grenade71822

Post by Grenade71822 » May 13th, 2015, 12:52 am

I have sent Brawndo 1 month of server time to let us close gracefully. If anybody would like to coordinate an event and get old player back together for a party or something now is your chance.

I too was playing BF1942 back in Moongamers in the "before" time. Move to Css there and then here. Some idiots made me an admin for CS:S which was universally regarded as a bad idea. I have also been a moderator since 2008. Evidently I am member number 80. I joined the forums 28 minutes after Brawndo waaaayyyy back on March 2, 2008. Its been a trip. You can usally catch me on steam Grenade71822 or my e-mail at Grenade71822@gmail.com

So long and thanks for all the fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojydNb3Lrrs
A bullet might have your name on it, but a Grenade is addressed to "Whom it may concern."
I wish you good fortune in whatever avenue of life you assault with your presence.

KillingFloor
Donator
Donator
Xfire Name: killingfloor126

Post by KillingFloor » May 13th, 2015, 9:37 pm

Well, here's my story. I stumbled across this place,(moongamers), back around 2006/2007. I was a total noob, but, I liked the fact that even tho I was a noob, that was ok here. I had joined other servers, and once they realized I was new to the game, I'd get booted, or banned. :( So here, on this server, I felt welcomed. At one point, they were asking for donations.I kinda felt bad that even tho I was a noob ,with both computers and gaming, I needed to do my part. So I made a small donation. I was then contacted by Jim/P00ka. The main man! They were offering Admin slots for a donation. I declined. Many times. He kept saying it will be fine. At the time, we talked over the chat thingy we had here at one time here......Come to find out , he was living right here in Michigan like me. Not too far away as a matter of fact. Haven't had contact with him since then. Love this place, wish I could afford to run this. Thanks to Brawndo, and all of those that have kept this going for as long as it has! I guess this may or may not sound odd in these days of the interwebs, but, I have made some really great webships/freindships, with some folks here. Hope that continues. Take care all. KF
I nearly forgot about this, when I became an Admin, like I said, I had no idea what I was doing. One of the admins at the time, really helped me out alot. Sgt Vic Morrow. I haven't seen him in years around here. He was one of many, that helped me figure out some of the Admin stuff. Thx All!
ImageImage
mad macs wrote:Looks like the box needs frequent restarts to clear the doohickee that clogs the ping pipe (technical talk).

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member
Xfire Name: liquorbaron13

Post by Thunderpants MSC » May 26th, 2015, 1:02 pm

Pictures Not Appropriate. Fix it. Grenade71822.

imadedman
Owner
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 4
Xfire Name: dickensider

Fat lady sing-ith, about time

Post by imadedman » May 31st, 2015, 2:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIVfbylUU-M

I joined Moongamers in 2006.

Played under various names, etc had a great time.

I remember playing all the old timers....
  • Eurofighter
    Lt Hista
    Sgt Vic Morrow
    Blindside
    ex-BYOB (current Brawndo)
    LaYerCake
    Akooma(Pooka)
    Auburn
    SniperGrl
    KillingFloor
    Pulsar
    Dr1fter
    Barney
    DoneChangingName
    FIBA
    CH29
    FIllaBuster
    Sgt Rock
, ....... goddamn, the list goes on for almost a decade.

There have been the outside hacks, the ingame exploits. aim botting, nade jumping, glitching, and yea, even the infighting.

WOULD NOT CHANGE ONE SECOND OR BAD ELECTRON. NOT ONE.
Read and Posted by A2Gaming Plugin for ANDROID v0.9b by atomicfrog.com

"Treat everyday like a DOG....If you cannot eat it, or screw it...Piss on it, and walk away..."
-imadedman, Dave & Buster's Philadelphia, 2002, many Yuenglings and Tequila...

Bow your heads and pray...
-- In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was UNSIGNED, and the main(){} was without form and void..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Microsoft's biggest and most dangerous contribution to the software industry may be the degree to which it has lowered user expectations."

VOTE for Saitek48 for Takes-No-Shit-From-Anyone-For-Any-Reason-Admin

Eurofighter
CoD2 Admin

Post by Eurofighter » May 31st, 2015, 6:16 pm

Hi guys/girls

Many of you probably may not know me but I started playing COD 2 many years ago and I quickly found a great community on this server.I soon became a Admin and helped in game and behind the scenes. Which was a great privilege to be awarded with this opportunity.

During this time I have made some great friends and some have become life long buddys . Which i must thank this community for. I will never forget the whole experience A2 gaming has given me and the many hours chatting to people from around the world.

I would like to stay in touch with you guys and I can be found on the usual social media platforms (Facebook)

So thank you and good night.

Peter Foulkes.

SnipeGirl

Post by SnipeGirl » June 2nd, 2015, 10:43 am

Hey everyone!
Long time, no see. I just found out today that a2g is coming to an end, and I wanted to stop by and update everyone who remembers me on my life. I was so touched to see me listed as an "old timer" even if it made me feel a lot older than my 25 years! Those who remember, would know me as SniperGirl or Katie.

Some updates since you last heard from me....I graduated from college and got accepted into vet school in the Caribbean (I am down here now!) and am finishing up my last semester before I move back to the states for my final year of school! I'm engaged and we're planning the wedding for when I finish school.

There are so many familiar names and just as many new ones. I have always missed playing with you guys and the great times I had with you...school just started taking up too much of my time! Maybe someday when I'm done with all my studies, I'll have more time to get back into gaming. Until then, don't be strangers. A lot of you are like family to me, and I couldn't have wished for a better group to grow "old" with! Best of wishes to everyone and God bless you all!

Love always,
SniperGirl

p00ka
CoD Admin

Post by p00ka » June 4th, 2015, 12:24 pm

It's sad to hear this news.

For me, this started the first time I played Red Alert online (mid-90s). Unfortunately, multiplayer games were 56K back in those days. The internet wasn't as ubiquitous as it is today. We needed to dial-in to TEN (Total Entertainment Network) to play matches between each other. My online gaming progressed to the RTS genre with the Age of Empire series online. One day, I tried Quake team fortress and was hooked. As Quake waned I latched on to Return to Castle Wolfenstein for a while. Mix one part WW2, 2 parts Nazi, and 1 part occult. Presto! FPS goodness. Then the grand-daddy (BF1942) arrived. It was a total paradigm shift. Now you could run people over with a jeep if you wanted too :-) I burned up a lot of life playing that game on Moders. One thing led to another and several of us left Moders to found Moongamers. I began opening several servers. I remember opening Desert Combat, DoD:Source, HL2, CS:Source as well as CoD2. For me, the servers were a labor of love. I enjoyed playing and developing things that separated us from the herd of other servers out there. I left Moongamers for reasons I don't want to mention to help form A2G.

They say if you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. Unfortunately, I had to re-prioritize my life and stepped away from running game servers permanently. It really consumes your life and I couldn't find room to dedicate my time to it to the fullest extent. Whenever I do something, it's 100% or its nothing. While I haven't been involved since 2008, I have dropped in from time to time to say hello. It is amazing how long it lasted, which is a credit to folks who put their time and money into this. Thanks to all those who carried it for long. You helped provide a ton of memories to look back on for countless people. Thanks Brawndo, Cosa, Imadedman, et. al.

Please do something nice for someone. Pay it forward.

Best Regards,

Jim (p00ka aka Akooma)

zgodec

Post by zgodec » June 4th, 2015, 10:37 pm

Well, here it goes...

I am actually relatively new to the A2 Gaming community. I've only been on for the past year or so. I came with Grampy from Free Beer:No Hacks after it shut down. Just wanted to say that I met amazing people over the past few months and can't thank everyone enough for all the fun I have had. Hope we can all play together on another server soon.

Thanks to everyone for everything,
Zach
Sgt. Zach

ch29
The Impaler

Post by ch29 » June 6th, 2015, 8:06 pm

:cry:
Thanks to AquaMaroon!

charlie dont surf

Post by charlie dont surf » June 7th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Hi there just want to say this is the worst news I've had for a long time. Going to miss this server the only server still worth playing on, team kill makes the game more real and the way the admins deal with hackers made it so much fun will miss you all here in the UK.
Charlie don't surf { AKA ken kilpatrick Coventry UK}

Filla Buster
CoD2 Admin

Post by Filla Buster » June 9th, 2015, 12:37 am

Origin ID: Fi11a_13uster
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/filla_buster/

"Seinfeld: The Rye"
Frank Costanza: Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?
George Costanza: Why don't we talk about it another time.
Frank Costanza: But you see my point here? You only hear of a hen, a rooster and a chicken. Something's missing!
Mrs. Ross: Something's missing all right.
Mr. Ross: They're all chickens. The rooster has sex with all of them.
Frank Costanza: That's perverse.

zgodec

Post by zgodec » June 9th, 2015, 8:06 pm

I may be willing to take over the server, I just would like to know what it all entails. I'm 15, and wouldn't be able to pay for it every month, but I would be willing to take over Brawndo's position. Let me know.

Zach
Sgt. Zach

Cosa Nostra
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Team Fortress 2

Post by Cosa Nostra » June 9th, 2015, 9:38 pm

I've been gone for a few years, was there at the start of MG with akooma than AAG till a2gaming. It was a good run good luck.
Image ImageImage

Cosa Nostra
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Team Fortress 2

Post by Cosa Nostra » June 9th, 2015, 10:19 pm

For all you kiddies that don't know it all started at moders gaming. From that a group broke off to create moongamers Akooma being one of them. I followed from moders to moon where I was a core admin and rsn the counter strike servers than Akooma started all around gaming. Myself and 3 others ran the Counter strike and tf servers. When Akooma departed we changed the name to a2 gaming the name came from a player on team speak that loved a1 bbq sauce. Later after I was done playing I turned this forum and the name a2 gaming over to imadeadman who I feel done a great job.
Image ImageImage

NuclearFallOut
CoD2 Admin
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 4

Post by NuclearFallOut » June 18th, 2015, 5:28 pm

WOW NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I remember them old MoonGamers days on the old Counter Strike Source server ,Man that is where i met almost all you here ,I know i have been MIA for several Years (2010 sometime ) But I have kept in touch with most of you the last 5 years on a regular basis,Weather it be TimSad in Bf3/BF4 ,Or most of you on Steam.I will miss you all here ,Just hope you guys get the best damn COD2 servers back up and running ,Pooka And Brand Thank You so much for every enjoyable time i had Nade spamming guys on the old COD-Cod2-WOW servers.I will miss you guys.

kes
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by kes » June 25th, 2015, 11:13 am

Hi All,

Sorry i have been away for a while, sad news but thanks to all for the fun and games...............I started in 2005 and have enjoyed it greatly, unfortunately as late personal and business issue have kept me away.

Good luck to all and have a ggreat life.

A2G[Admin]Kes

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100

Post by Sneaky Sniper » June 27th, 2015, 2:04 pm

First off, holy hell. All it took was Brawndo to post once and EVERYONE came out of the wood works.

I started my journey in COD2 at United Noob just derping around. I liked the mods but they got annoying after awhile and I started to move around. After several servers, MoonGamers was one of the most populated and they were ran well and decided to stay. I was so immature back then. After about a year, I was begging to be an admin. I was on when most admins were offline and I grew tired of seeing the hacks get away. That was probably me at my worst due to personal reasons.

At that time, the biggest ass of them all was the one that nominated me. Yes, we all know him as imadedman. I didn't have a clue I was even in the runing until he told me and practically coached me on what I needed to do to make it through the process. It wasn't until later when you actually got to know dedman that I realized that he was actually one of the most loyal people but he still didn't care for me.

Through the years, I developed a passion for the inner workings of the game. I enjoyed developing new strategies and sharing my ideas. I remember the golden years with people like Layer, BlindSide, EuroFighter, Hista, Auburn, Drifter, KillingFloor, imadedman, Brawndo, and so many others who mentored me and really made me want to strive to be better.

The rise to the top was a journey I will never forget. The relationships that I developed made me want to put as much time as I could into the community. I remember counting how many hours I actually spent with the community for shits and giggles and It was around 75 hours a week. Would I have changed it? Not a single second of it.

Everyone here I consider family. All good things have to come to an end. Did we have a good run? You bet your ass that we did!

If your looking for me, I'm on steam at sneakysniper100.

At the end of it all, I all hope you had the Time of Your Life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=CnQ8N1KacJc
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

Brawndo
Forum Member

Post by Brawndo » July 6th, 2015, 8:24 pm

Good people mentioned in these posts and I miss the hours shooting the shit with em all.

The final date for the server is set. :cry:

July 9 the server will go dark and the greatest CoD2 server ever will be no more.
As they say all good things must come to an end.

"There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story."
-Frank Herbert

“Everything has to come to an end, sometime.”
-L. Frank Baum

REINMIRT
CoD2 Admin
Xfire Name: REINMIRT

Post by REINMIRT » July 10th, 2015, 10:09 am

:cry:

Up until almost 2am Eastern last night, playing and anxiously waiting the end to come. Had really fun in the server with a handful of peeps stuck around until the bitter end. Admin to player ratio was a solid "1" , nearly at all times which is always good. Woke up this morning, heartbroken to "awaiting connection". It's gonna take a while to come out of this hole that i'm in.

Need a hug.
Xfire Username: REINMIRT
Origin ID: REINMIRT
Steam Username: REINMIRT

zgodec

Post by zgodec » July 10th, 2015, 1:45 pm

In case any of you were interested in playing another decent server:

Myself (Sgt. Zach) and Grampy went looking for new servers this morning. We found a decent server on v1.3 called "A All Weapons AWE". After looking at it for a while, we thought we would share it in case anyone would want to come and play with us. I know myself and Grampy will be on that from now on. Again, this server is on v1.3 of COD2, so you have to first patch your game to 1.3 to play it. Just putting it out there, hope to see some of you again soon (but please don't tell Igor, haha :D )

PM Sgt. Zach if you want more information.

Sgt. Zach and Grampy