Stuck In Offline Mode

Technical Issues and other things that make the game work
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Blindside
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: Blindsie90
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Stuck In Offline Mode

Post by Blindside » October 29th, 2008, 6:39 pm

I know I've posted this everywhere but might as well start a topic. The problem is the title, I can't get "Online" but obviously I am. I've tried playing with the firewalls off, but it made no difference. I'm using an Ethernet connection, but I tried with my wireless and it made no difference.

norcal4130
CoD4 Admin
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 4
Xfire Name: norcal4130
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Stuck In Offline Mode

Post by norcal4130 » October 31st, 2008, 2:21 pm

i have been able to connect and play for 3 days without incident. then last night 10-30-08 when i tried to connect to the server, i received a message of "ERROR: this key is already being used by another computer". my profiles status was then changed from online to offline. if i tried to reconnect to the server through server list or console i would receive a message of "ERROR: no or bad challenge for address". if i tried to refresh the server list i would receive "you must be online to access this feature".

i was able to resolve this issue by exiting the application, reopening and my status was changed to online. i was then able to connect to a completely different server with no problems.

now, today 10-31-08, i tried to connect to the server once more. the same problem occured. now, when i restart the application, my status is online, i can refresh the server list, cannot check friends list status. after approximately 30 sec. i receive the 'key code in use' error.

i just sent an email to cod support, hopefully i will here something back.

cod4 till then...
"You Will Miss 100% Of The Shots You Don't Take!" -Wyane Gretzky

when not shooting u...
riding my 4130
mizhi wrote:It's hard when your pussy is packed full of sand.
Sneaky Sniper wrote:If you want it to shit bubble gum out itll do that.
Brawndo wrote:A2Gaming does not endorse any illegal activities. All comments and suggestions are entirely user submitted and not that of A2Gaming , its affiliates, partners, nor players. A2Gaming is not responsible and shall be held harmless for any activities resulting from any user submitted content.

C r o s b y
The Beast
Xfire Name: ptwarriors315

Post by C r o s b y » October 31st, 2008, 2:49 pm

something happens to me 2 when im playing online and i try to connect to a server.... it says Error Server Authentification Invalid. or something like that. and then it just goes away.
Wave goodbye to your head, wanker!

[URL=http://img156.imageshack.us/i/228018101 ... 43568.jpg/]Image

Blindside
Forum Member

Post by Blindside » October 31st, 2008, 4:33 pm

Well since the start I haven't been able to get on.

Blindside
Forum Member

Post by Blindside » December 1st, 2008, 1:03 pm

Well the game works fine at my house, but when I go to play multiplayer at school I can't get Online. So I'm assuming it's an issue I can't resolve. Any clue what it could be? CoD 2 works fine at school.

saitek48
Forum Member

Post by saitek48 » December 1st, 2008, 8:14 pm

first of all, you said school. that tells me major firewall. and the IT guy has it set to limit what can and cannot happen on the computer. if your not on the main pc that hosts the network, ( and even that probably wont matter) then May I suggest you only try playing at home. have fun ..